Chicken Curry for 2
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
2 Chicken Breasts (01MM)
4 tblsp oil (50V015)
1 large Onion/2 Small Onions (190N25)
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped (21GAR)
¼ inch piece of ginger, chopped
¾ tsp coriander powder
A pinch of Turmeric powder
¼ tsp Cumin powder
¼ tsp Garam Masala powder
1 tsp paprika powder
2 fresh tomatoes, diced
Salt (to taste)
Chopped Coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan/wok. Add the chopped onions and sauté over a medium heat until the onions start to go dark brown.
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the Coriander powder and stir for a further minute.
- Then add the turmeric, cumin, garam masala and paprika and sauté for 30 sec.
- Add 200ml (7fl oz) water and cook for 10 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stir well and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add salt to taste.
- Now add the diced chicken breast.
- Add 300ml water.
- Cook until chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle with a little chopped fresh coriander just before serving.
- Serve with Rice and Pitta Bread
Meaning Of Saute: Fry/Cook briefly over a high heat
Where To Buy The Ingredients.
All our ingredients can be purchased at www.masalabazaar.co.uk stores across the country.