To celebrate a belated Ugadi (Southern India – start of a new era) and the start of British Summer Time (BST) at the last weekend (clocks went forward in the UK by a hour), we’re bringing you a taste of the summer. A lovely simple snack style chicken wrap, with an amazing filling that will without doubt leave you wanting more and more, and can be eaten alone or with a side salad or as a wonderful addition to a larger banquet. Either way, this has been tried and tested and there is a resounding vote of approval for this taste and texture from all the staff here. Enjoy!
75g Mango Chutney (48MC14)
1 tsp Curry Powder (43CPH5)
1 tblsp Lime Zest
4 tblsp Lime Juice
½ tsp Salt (45CS1)
1 or 2 sticks of Celery, thinly sliced
Handful of Sultanas (41SG1)
½ tsp Cinnamon
500g Chicken Breast, Shredded (01MM)
5-6 Chapattis (23CPWM)
Mixed Leaf Salad to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Wrap each chicken breast with foil, season, and place in a baking tray and put in the oven. Cooking times vary on the size of the breast. You should get an internal temperature of 75°C or above.
- Add all of the above into a mixing bowl, apart from the chicken breast they should be in the oven!
- Whisk until all ingredients form into a smooth paste texture.
- Once chicken breasts are cooked, shred the chicken and add to the mix. Mix until well coated.
- Heat the tortilla wraps in a frying pan without any added oil. 30 seconds each side.
- Divide the coronation chicken into the centre of the wraps.
- Fold one end to almost half the width then, wrap the two other sides across each-other, so none of the mix can fall out.
- Serve on a bed of mixed leaf with a wedge of lime.
All ingredients for our recipes can be purchased wholesale through Eurofoods, retail and foodservice through our MasalaBazaar stores.