Fancy a real treat for Sunday Lunch or impressing your guests at an evening meal – Indian Style? Well here’s a recipe we think you’ll love, using our juicy chicken fillets covered in a delicious spicy sauce. We’ve completed the dish by adding some rice and vegetables, but you can make your own choice of what you’d like along side it. The chicken pieces chosen were from the Eurofoods own branded Murghee Master Chicken Fillet range.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3):
½ Cup Peach Preserve
¼ Cup Lemon Juice Our Product Code 45LJ
1 tblsp Olive Oil
½ tsp Ground Red Pepper Our Product Code 43GWP
¼ tsp Cumin Our Product Code 43JP04
¼ tsp Ground Coriander Our Product Code 43CRP1
¼ tsp Garam Masala Our Product Code 42GM01
2 Tins/Canned Plum Tomatoes Our Product Code 51CTS
2 Garlic Cloves Our Product Code 21GAR
½ piece of Ginger, peeled Our Product Code 21GI
2 Murghee Master Chicken Breasts Our Product Code 01MM
1 Cup of Water
*Cooking Spray – Made From 1 part Olive Oil 4 part water (Above Ingredients)
Additional Ingredients (Optional)
- Measure out all the above ingredients.
- Using a food processor, blend the preserve, lemon juice, olive oil, red pepper, cumin, ground coriander, garam masala, tomatoes, garlic and ginger until it reaches a smooth paste consistency.
- Divide the 2 Chicken Breasts into 2 food bags and carefully divide the marinade between the two bags with the chicken breasts. If you have the ziplock bags you will be able to seal them. Then refrigerate ideally overnight if not then 2-3 hours will be sufficient.
- Remove chicken breasts from the bags and place on two pieces of foil. Keep the marinade. Season and spray with the cooking oil. Wrap each marinated chicken breast with the foil and place on a baking tray and put into the oven at 190C for 30-40 mins (depending on the size of the chicken breasts, adjust accordingly)
- You could also grill the chicken breast after baking to colour the breast and crust the top. This is optional.
- Remove from the oven/grill and check core for any signs of pink to make sure the meat is well cooked before serving.
- Set aside.
- Add 1 cup of water to a pan and add the marinade and heat on high until boiling. You could also add the juices from the chicken in the foil to add that extra meaty flavour to the sauce.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens. Poor over chicken
Present the chicken as you want it on the plate. Add the sauce over the top of the chicken, use as much as desired for each chicken breast. If there’s any left over, leave to cool, put it into a container, seal with lid/cling-film and put into the refrigerator for further use.
Where To Buy Ingredients for your Spicy Indian Marinated Chicken
Most of the ingredients for your Spicy Marianted Indian Style Chicken recipe can be bought at one of our Masala Bazaar stores, or wholesale chicken and other ingredients from Eurofoods. Click on the appropriate links in the recipe to find out more about the products used.