Ingredients (Serves 2-3):
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 birdseye chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1cm Root Ginger, peeled and grated
Coriander for garnish, roughly chopped
¼ tsp Turmeric
200g Prawns (Peeled and Deveined)
Soy Sauce (For dipping)
- Mix the lemon juice, garlic, ginger, chilli and turmeric in a large bowl. Leave to infuse for a few minutes.
- Place the prawns in the marinade and mix until thoroughly covered. Cover and chill for 30 mins.
- Heat the deep fryer to 180C
- Sift the corn-flour onto a tray. Add the prawns to the tray, and mix until prawns are fully coated in the flour.
- After coating, put the coated prawns into the deep fat fryer and fry for 3-5 mins (dependant upon the size of the prawns)
- Once thoroughly cooked, serve immediately and garnish with a few chopped sprigs of coriander and lemon wedges. You could use soy sauce as a dip for the cooked prawns.
Where To Buy Ingredients for your Spicy Indian Marinated Chicken
Most of the ingredients for your Crispy King Prawns with Lemon and Ginger recipe can be bought at one of our Masala Bazaar stores, or wholesale from Eurofoods. Click on the appropriate links in the recipe to find out more about the products used.