We usually publish our recipes presuming everyone knows how to do the basics. Today we start a beginner’s guide to cooking, for those, who like most of us, had to learn how to start cooking or starve! It was all very well leaving home and saying goodbye to mum and dad, but then it suddenly dawns on us that for all that time, we just watched, smelt, waited and ate. If you weren’t taught by your relatives or friends, then just how are you supposed to know what to do? It may seem simple to many, but how long do you leave roast chicken in the oven, what do you wrap it in, how long should it defrost? Well hopefully our guide will answer some of these basic questions. Enjoy your cooking!
Basic Roast Chicken Recipe
Whole Chicken (1400g Perdix whole Chicken Griller) Our Product Number 02TI4
- Defrost chicken in the refrigerator, if frozen, for 12-24 hours.
- Clean chicken before preparing. After removing the whole chicken from the packaging (thawed), rinse under cold water, inside and out, to remove excess blood, giblets and ice (if any).
- Rinse thoroughly and pat semidry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and then smear the outside with about 3 tablespoons butter. Put a little butter in the bottom of the baking pan and add the chicken, breast-side up. Sprinkle with fresh or dried rosemary for extra flavor.The basic seasonings for the roast chicken are: sea salt and cracked black pepper. The salt is used to make the skin crispy together with oil rubbed into the flesh. Pepper is used to create a spice in food such as meat and fish etc.
- Put the whole chicken onto a suitable baking tray, cover with foil and bake in the oven at 180°C for 60 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake at the same temperature for another 20 mins until skin turns golden.
Where To Buy The Ingredients.
All our ingredients can be purchased at www.masalabazaar.co.uk stores across the country.